The world has been forced to move to their houses in this global pandemic, and our homes have become our new office location. We all have different requirements for our new home office setup, but the one thing we all have in common is the Reading Light. Now one may wonder what to buy and how to keep up with the trend. Lucky for you, we are here to help you out to choose what suits you the best. In the following article, we will be discussing the top 5 reading lights to buy in 2021, which we have listed after analyzing almost all the products in this category.
Before we start discussing the list, let’s first know why this light is very useful. Well, Reading lights are the ideal ones, which you can use while reading the best book or work on your laptop when in bed without disturbing your partner or sitting in a dark room and doing your work, enjoying the dark silence and work without any problem.
Some of these models are built to assist people with reading and writing, and others are specially designed for day or night use; besides, some of these products are sold with more practical features. Few of the following models are designed specifically to enhance your reading experience at night or in the dark, and the others with some more features.
We have considered three main factors while analysing the products.
- There are mainly two types of reading lights which are available in the market and are in demand. They are a Clip-on book light and neck light.
- Reading light types can be powered either by AAA batteries or by rechargeable batteries. The choice completely depends on the preferences and needs of the user.
- The model which offers you the maximum tenure for warranty for the product you should consider. Reading lights mainly have a warranty period of 3-12 months.
- 1 Best Reading Light To Buy In 2022
- 2 Other Reading Lights Worth Mentioning
- 3 Conclusion
Best Reading Light To Buy In 2022
Another thing to remember is that our eyes need more light to read by as we age. According to research, people in their 60s need 80 per cent more light for reading than people in their 20s. This increased desire for light is attributed to the need to compensate for the iris’s decreased ability to open wide.
Now let us begin our list for the best reading lights:
Perfect Day Book Light
This is the best reading light and is one of the highest-rated and most reviewed reading light. The latter is a LED light. A very simple design yet a visually appealing one. The light is rechargeable and has standard LED lights.
- The head of the light has 12 eye-friendly LED lights, which has a fair enough brightness rate.
- The light has three modes of brightness which can be used during variant situation for all reading times. One of the modes is the white daylight, which is 4000k luminosity, the second one is soft white light, which is 3000k, and the last one is soft white brightness mode, which is 2700k luminosity.
- It is very lightweight and easily portable.
- The longevity of the battery is approximately 60 hours.
- The gooseneck of the light has a very flexible neck, which can fold and mould in every direction so that the head can tilt directly on the surface you need to see.
- The light has a very durable and sturdy hook, which you can hook on to the edge of the surface.
- The light has a built-in rechargeable battery and comes with a USB port.
It does not come with a warranty. However, it has incredible fast customer support, and the providing company gives 30 days money-back guarantee.
Glocusent Book Light
This light has a very innovative and designer look. This light is not just a simple neck based reading light, but also the best reading light. Its ‘round the neck’ design has two lights on either side with 2 LED that can be lit. The light is available in mainly two colours, i.e. pink and blue.
- The unique and innovative design lets one wear the light without any irritation, hassle or any problem to any place. The light’s design is such that it is very light in weight, and when in use, one won’t even feel the weight.
- There are three different light intensities of the two LED lights. One is Warm Yellow, which acts as a blue filter with 3000k luminosity; the other is a warm white with 4000k luminosity, and the last one is cool daylight with 6000k luminosity.
- Each of the lights and modes can be adjusted into two, i.e. high and low, giving one a total of 6 light option.
- The battery is rechargeable and you can use it with a USB port, which comes with a modern Type C port.
- The battery life of the latter is 1000 mAh. Once the charge is full, it can be used for 80 continuous hours.
- The light is very user friendly and you can redirect it to approximately 90 degrees. This ensures that you won’t disturb anyone around you; it will also help you have a personal space.
The light comes with a warranty period of 1.5 years or 18 months, which fairly is quite an impressive deal.
See Also : Best Sci Fi Books In 2022 | Top 5 Picks
Hooga Book Light
This is the best book light which is a single-mode one, which comes with a multi-brightness LED. The light is primarily quite low as it is mainly designed to be eye and user friendly and has a basic clip-on design.
- The Hooga book light has a simple and slick design with a clip-on design, which is tight enough to table edges and books.
- There are 4 LED lights for brighter results.
- There are three different brightness level, i.e. 25%, 50% and 100%.
- The lights embedded are eye-friendly.
- It has a 7-inch long gooseneck, which is flexible enough for the user to adjust it.
- The light comes which a battery of 1200mAH. When charged fully, it can give one a 30 hour of lighting capacity to take a maximum of 4 hours to get charged.
- It also has a 36 inch USB cable for charging.
The light does not come with any warranty but has an offer, which gives one a window of 30 days to return the product from the date of purchase.
Vekkia Book Light
The Vekkia Booklight is the best reading light for bed, it is a neck light, which is studded with 4 LED frontlines. It has lights on either side.
- The two LED pointers on either side helps the reader use it efficiently.
- Both sides are flexible enough so that you can wear it freely around your neck, and because of its lightweight, you won’t feel uncomfortable.
- The light is very user friendly and you can redirect it to approximately 90 degrees. This ensures that you will not disturb anyone around you; it will also help you have a personal space.
- The battery has a decent life of 700mAH, which has 1000 life cycles, ensuring to give you about 6 to 10 hours of reading time.
- The light also comes with a standard length USB charging cord.
- The light has three levels of brightness. One is warm read-only; wide-area daylight beam; full bright and wide light.
- The ideal light one can use while travelling.
The light comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty. The latter also has a 30 days window for a money-back guarantee.
Lepower Book Light
Though the fifth on our list, this rechargable booklight is also a very highly rated product. The light is a clip-on model, and the light is of a conventional shape. The tight on-clip helps to attach and use it with the thinnest paper to a considerable thick table.
- Has a 2.36-inch on-clip, which is very steady and has a good duration.
- The arm and the light holder both are very flexible and adjustable, as the user wants to use.
- The gooseneck is flexible and can be moldable in all 360 degrees.
- The light has a rechargeable battery and comes with a dual prong USB AC adapter, which is 5 feet long.
- Moreover, the light is available in three different colours, i.e. white, silver and black.
- The light bulb used has a very designer circular look, which has the ability to illuminate from all the sides.
The light comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty accounted from the date of purchase.
Other Reading Lights Worth Mentioning
These are some other reading lights that deserve a look :
With a bendable neck and several light settings, the LuminoLite blends versatility and function. Its soft buttery glows, or we can say yellow-toned light is gentle on the eyes, and it has two brightness levels so that you can read it anywhere. It comes with a micro-USB charging cable that makes charging a breeze. And, this light is also simple to transport. This little gadget’s lightweight, flexible neck and reliability made it easy to stuff into a coat pocket.
The Ecologic Mart stands out with its dual-headed light, which provides us with double the warm yellow light, allowing us to see all pages at the same time. The grip fits well with all forms of books, including paperbacks. It is easy to work in any position and is lightweight. It also has a rechargeable battery.
TFY is the best reading light for those who enjoy a digitised version of their daily read. It gives the Kindle a powerful grip and has a customisable arm that will allow them to shift the focus of light and shadows on the Kindle. This light’s two degrees of luminosity have provided versatility for reading in a number of environments.
AMIR Rechargeable 16 LED Book Light
This anti-glare and flicker-free booklight features 16 LED lights to minimise eye pressure. The light’s long neck can be flexed 360 degrees, and it has a robust clip-on that can stick to a number of surfaces.
CESunlight Rechargeable LED Book Light
Looking for a reading light that doesn’t need your hands? The CESunlight Reading Light’s flexible, steel alloy arms fit easily around your neck. They are constructed of “soft silicone, nontoxic, secure to use, and high-grade” product, so you don’t have to worry about destroying your book or any surface.
Raniaco Extra bright
Starting our list strong is this modern-looking reading light with its sleek design light. It has 12 very powerful LED bulbs, making it four times more powerful than your average IKEA lights. This may be heavier and bigger than your average reading lights. Still, It makes it up the aesthetic department, visually enhancing the look and appeal of the room and fulfilling the need for powerful reading light. This light also has various features such as adjustable brightness and a flexible neck, which you can use to adjust according to your preference. This light runs on built-in batteries that are rechargeable and make it a portable reading light.
LED Book Light From French Bull
This lightweight LED light is a travellers dream. It is only 2.4 ounce and has a bright LED bulb with a flexible neck which can be easily folded and stored in our bags during our travel. Making it our one of the top choices for bed lights for reading. It also comes with an easy to use clip that can be attached to both paper and EBOOKS. It uses a small coin cell battery to draw its power, and such batteries are easily available and can be easily replaced. This lightweight light is a perfect blend of cost-effective and portable light, making it one of the top contender on our list.
Nachteule Rechargeable Reading Light
This light derives its name “Nachteule” from a German word that translates into night own. This lights design helps us to attach it to the frames of our glass and provide us with soft, well-focused light without disturbing others. Its unique design helps it throw the light according to our head movement, which saves up the work adjusting the light every time we move or go to the next page. This light is very versatile and light, making it easy to carry while travelling as well. A build battery pack powers it, which gives us around 4 hours of reading time per charge.
We tried to give you a brief description of what to buy and how to decide what suits you the best. These products, to the best of our knowledge, gave the maximum result. It has been verified through certain authorities. Though different things work out differently for people, we’re certainly sure that it’ll only give you the best results. Hope this article was a bit helpful to you, and you could choose the best reading light for yourself.
Founder of TheWhuffieFactor. Marketing Professional / Avid book lover. When not absorbed in the latest rib tickling thriller, Tara loves food, but cooks very badly, enjoys random interactions with strangers, and otherwise spends far too much time reading. She lives in the USA, with her sister and an adorable dog, Basket.